Bought new tires at Tires Plus in Woodbury, MN for "Buy 3 tires get 4th free" deal, includes a free check. They said it would be bout an hour and I went shopping across the street.

Shortly after they called me and said I also needed a new tie rod and it would be an extra $270. I told them to just put on the tires. Went to pick up my car and overheard the manager on phone telling another customer they also needed a new tie rod. Thought to myself "hmmmmmm", coincidence?

At home I had someone check my car and afterward he told me the tie rod was just fine and did not need replacing. Seems to me an extra $270 would pay for that 4th "free" tire, the "free" check, and put a little extra in their pocket. I told my usual car mechanic and he said he had a friend used to work at Tires Plus and had to leave because he did not feel right having to replace perfectly good parts with new ones and charging customers extra.

I reported them to the BBB. It's a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

BSRO Social

I am from the corporate office of Tires Plus.

Can you send me an email at social@bfrc.com? I'd like to get some additional information about what happened during your visit.

Thanks,