My regular mechanic was out of town so I went to Tires Plus in Woodbury MN for "buy 3 tires get 4th free" deal.They said it would be about an hour and it included a free check.

Went shopping across the street. They called me shortly after and said I also needed a new tie rod and it would be an extra $270. I told them to just put the tires on and that's all. Went to pick up my car and heard manager on phone telling another customer they also needed a new tie rod.

I thought to myself "hmmmmm", coincidence? When I got home my boyfriend checked the tie rod on my car and said there was nothing wrong with it. Seems like that extra $270 for the tie rod would more than make up for that 4th "free" tire and the "free" check.

When my mechanic got back in town I told him about it and he said one of his friends used to work for Tires Plus and had to quit because he did not think it was right to replace perfectly good parts with new ones and charge the customers extra.I was so pissed I reported them to the BBB.

Had an Experience with Tires Plus?

Comments

JUST BRAKES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUNG FEMALES! Just Brakes "My young sister got her car broke down last night right by the shop on 8700 Richmond ave, Houston Texas. The manager Eric figure it since she doesn't know anything..." Read more Tires Plus Car Part Replacement Review from Seffner, Florida Tires Plus "The work that was done to my vehicle was very dissatisfying I brought my vehicle in for a pan cover gasket replacement The service manager was very adamant about replacing..." Read more Tires Plus - Price quote? Tires Plus "I took in my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse to a Tires Plus in Lake Mary, FL for a price quote on 4 new tires. I was looking at the buy 3..." Read more Interstate National Dealer Services - "VEHICLE ALERT NOTICE" - They try to force a payment over the phone Interstate National Dealer Services "This company sends a "VEHICLE ALERT NOTICE" in the mail, urging recent car buyers to call the number provided within 5 business days. They try to get you to make a..." Read more Lkq Corporation - Liers cheat's and theves...... Lkq Corporation "This is my 2 cents, LKQ in San Bernardino has a employee by the name of ralphelo who helps make sure the cars are set down correctly and cleans the..." Read more Kemper Home Service Companies - DO NOT BUY KEMPER HOME INSURANCE Kemper Home Service Companies "I bought a new house in 2016. I did own a house prior to this in the same area for last 10 years. My agent told me that there is..." Read more Frontgate - When a pledge is just a pledge.  3 Attempts at delivery and each time the product was damaged!!! Frontgate "Originally ordered the Palermo outdoor Lg Sq Table/Chairs set on July 17, 2017. First and second deliveries showed up with either glass broken and/or cheap plastic piece that holds table..." Read more Gnc - No consistency in product Gnc "I work overseas so I purchased all of my vitamins at one time which was close to $1000.00 and in my mega-man vitamin packs were a mismatch of vitamins. Some..." Read more