So, this has happened to me and a few other people I know. I went in for a synthetic oil change.

Took close to an hour on it but I don't care about the time. They do their so claimed inspection and claimed that I need a new battery, new head gaskets, which would total around $2, 500. If this was the case with my car, my personal mechanic would have told me this when I took the car in for a new timing belt. This happened before as well when I took a previous car in for new tires.

Ran up an estimate of $1, 500. I would definitely not recommend this company for anybody. Right next to me the employee was talking up and elderly woman about her car. These guys are seriously *** and only care about business.

By the way synthetic oil isn't changed every 3k miles.

I drive an 07 Impreza and no way would I change it every 3k, when the dealership even had their sticker at 5k for regular oil. WORST PLACE EVER.

Review about: Tires Plus Oil Change.

Comments

BSRO Social
Villa Park, Illinois, United States #647692

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Tires Plus corporate offices. I have read through your concerns with your last service and wanted to see if I could help. I would like to have management talk with the store to make sure no improper recommendations were made. Please email me with the store lcoation you visited and the phone number on your account to social@bfrc.com so that we can hopefully resolve your concerns. In regards to the oil change intervals, our standard recommendation is 3months/3k miles for synthetic blend and 5mo,5k miles for full-synthetic regardless of dealer recommendations due to the differences in oil consumption from vehicle to vehicle. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,