Was refused service requested resulted in additional charges that was not necessary.

On Aug 18th at 11:45 arrived at Tires Pluse requested for tire to be patched we agreed to the excessive charge of $25.00.Then to be told several minutes later that it was the side wall and they can't repair that.

We then requested to patch the spear tire and put it on as it was a newer tire. They came back to say they cannot repair the tire because it was 9 years old. The Tire is not 9 years old the rim was 9 years old. They refused to patch the tire.

Being we had flat, We had to purchase a new tire, the cheapest price of $ 90.00 These are 14 inch tires. I had requested to see this documentation.

I am filling this complete for deceit and misrepresentation.

Review about: Tires Plus Repair.

Had an Experience with Tires Plus?

Comments

Deceit? Where's the deceit?

Misrepresentation? Where's the misrepresentation?

From your own account, it sounds like Tires Plus was up front with their offers to you. If you don't like the offer, then you can find your own way to the door. No one was putting a gat to your hat.

Tires are marked with a date. I was not aware that rims are marked with a date as well. It doesn't matter whether the rim is 9 years old or the tire is 9 years old, if the tire is dry rotted, then businesses have a right to refuse to repair the tire due to liability reasons.

It seems to me you put yourself in a bind by driving around without a functioning spare tire. Had you attempted to get the spare tire repaired before getting a flat, you would have had your choice of repair shops to do the repair. If one shop refused to do a repair, you could have simply driven to another shop.

This is the reason why some shops have a sign up at the front desk that says "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part."