I took my car into the Tires Plus at 119th and Metcalf in Overland Park, KS. When I took my car in it was occasionally stalling but running well for the most part.

I just wanted a diagnostic test to see what was wrong. When they called me and told me it was the fuel pump I decided I wasn't going to fix it right away. I went in and paid for the test, got my keys and went to get into my car, only to find that it would not start! They knew that it didn't start and never said anything.

They let me pay and leave knowing that it wasn't going to start. My car was running when it can into the shop so why did it not drive out of there!?!?! All I asked for was a test to see what was wrong. My car has always started without hesitation until I DROVE it into Tires Plus.

If I drive my vehicle into a shop, whether I get a service or not, I should be able to drive it OUT!! When I went to confront them about why I car would not start, they were beyond rude and told me my car would get towed if it was not gone in a few hours. This is unacceptable service! I had to spend the next few hours trying to figure out how I was going to get my car to a new shop (I obviously wasn't going to let them touch it again) and how I was going to get around because I no longer had a working car like I thought (because they never told me).

To give me only hours notice that I needed to take care of this is ridiculous! Not only that, but my car was backed into a space right behind the shop - all of the other cars were in front first, making me think that the car was pushed into the spot from the shop rather than driven because it was the only car facing the way it was facing in the shop.

NEVER AGAIN Tires Plus - get some morals.

Comments

Fuel pump failures are rarely like a light bulb, on or off. They almost always start with an intermittent failure.

So why exactly is this the shops fault?

It is your perogative on who fixes the pump, but lady, you need a pump! :roll

I am from the Tires Plus corporate office.

Can you email me at social@bfrc.com so I can get some more information about what happened as well as get your contact information so that we can get in touch with you?