Filing a new complaint about

I had to get my car towed from the highway for over heating. Closest place was Tires Plus.

I told them them the problem appeared to from a leaky radiator. They confirmed that was the problem and gave me an estimate of $700.00, $400.00 for radiator installed plus $150.00 to flush system and $150.00 to replace a $6.00 thermostat. While I was waiting I was calling around for comps and prices ranged from $250.00 to $450.00, The $450.00 estimate happened to be anotherTires Plus. When I told them I couldn't go for the price and was going to take my truck elsewhere they demanded $74.00 for the estimate, when I objected to the charge they proceeded to remove my valve stem on all four tire and removed the air, leaving me stranded.

I had to call the police to get things shorted out and paid there estimate charge.

They tried to royally screw me. Never ever take your car to theTires Plus.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tires Plus Repair.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 20, 2010.

Comments

I seriously doubt the $74.00 was for the estimate. The $74.00 was probably for the coolant system diagnosis. Why did you sign the work order if you didn't want the coolant system evaluation?