I took my car to tires plus on oct 2nd, 2011 to receive an oil change and purchase tires. By oct 7th, 2011 my car engine had completely overheated while I was traveling to visit family.

I only made it 90 miles from lawrenceville and I live and work within a ten mile radius from my home. I had my car towed to a certified honda dealership, because my car is a civic, honda told me there was no coolant in my car and there also were'nt any coolant leaks or headgasket problems. I reported this info to tires plus who then said they wouldnt accept liability for not checking or topping off my coolant which is supposed to happen during a routine oil change... I am very displeased with the level of service I have received from this site and the claims department.

I feel tires plus didnt want to take a loss on service that only cost 400.00 which will now end up costing 3800.00 to replace an engine, and fix my only means of transportation.

As a single mother of two I have to make sure I keep my only mode of transportation in great condition so that I may continue to provide for my children. I've never experienced such carelessness or deceitfullness from one company truely at fault.

Comments

Our regular mechanic is on the other side of town, so we took our 2004 Accord to Tires Plus on Sugarloaf Pkwy., in Lawrenceville, GA for an oil and filter change. No problem, until the next day when I noticed a puddle of oil in our driveway under aforementioned vehicle that had never leaked oil before.

Took it to our regular mechanic today, and he reported that the filter had NOT been changed and the oil drain plug had not been properly tightened, hence the leak.

Mgr. at Tires Plus apologized profusely, but I can't trust these people ever again. There is NO EXCUSE for shoddy work like this on a simple oil/filter change.

AVOID ALL TIRES PLUS locations! Find an honest mechanic that you can trust!

Does the engine start and run?

Some coolant leaks only occur when the engine is hot. If the engine doesn't run, then how can you get the engine hot. If the engine isn't hot, then how can you detect those coolant leaks that only occur when the engine is hot.

You really can't blame Tires Plus on this one, because even if Tires Plus did everything right and topped off your coolant reservoir, that doesn't mean you don't still have air pockets in the cooling system or a partially full radiator. Most companies include topping off the reservoir but not topping off the radiator.

IF you can READ she took her vehicle into Tires Plus and TRUSTED THEM to check her fluids 5 days BEFORE it overheated. Keeping it in great condition means changing the having regular tune ups, oil changes and topping off the fluids by the people she trusted to do it.

To the author of the post: Contact their corporate if you haven't already.

I smell BS. Antifreeze doesn't just evaporate. It leaked out or boiled over at some point.

Well isnt that the purpose of getting routine oil changes by what shouldve been a reputable company? Because they are required to check and top off fluids. Tires plus was just negligent and in the end they will pay or lose consumers due to bad media coverage.

Haifa, Hefa, Israel #362560

If you keep it in great condition then try checking your fluids!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Haifa, Hefa, Israel #362555

If you keep it in great condition then try checking your fluids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Haifa, Hefa, Israel #362553