I went to tires plus (in Jax Beach) to have four things done to my truck.I had shocks/struts replaced, oil pan leak, new calipers, and a clutch replacement.well about week later, I noticed that the gasket that was installed on my oil pan was leaking.went back and got an appointment to have it(oil leak) repaired (so I thought).Went back for scheduled appointment (for the leak) and they did not even put my vehicle on the rack/lift.The (cheeseball) mechanic(word used very loosely) told me that I needed to clean the engine off with engine cleaner and see "what happens".I am thinking to myself, "I made an appointment/scheduled so I could be told to clean my engine with engine cleaner.If the mechanic (lazy ***) put my vehicle on the rack he would have seen the oil leak.It was plain as day.So, I had to make ANOTHER appointment.Went to the second appointment and they actually put my truck on the lift, and left it there for an hour.Then told me that I would have to make another appointment, even though there were two empty bays!!!!!!!!!!!!
got in touch with tires plus corporate and scheduled a an appointment(at the ponte vedra tires plus) to get the oil leak fixed.The mechanic at the tires plus(PV) store informed that a toyota pickup truck did not require a gasket, just a bead of sealer (like silicone) around the rim.THE *** AT THE JAX BEACH STORE DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT YOU WHERE NOT SUPPOSED A GASKET!!!!!! Anyway the mechanic (PV Tires plus) repaired leak.I was happy as ***.He also found a leaking oil pump gasket (I saw it under the vehicle).Got that fixed as well.All was good.
Then, a few weeks later, I noticed that my throw out bearing (clutch) was squealing, and later on my clutch really started "acting up" ("hot spots" in flywheel).Through lots of complaining I was (miraculously) able to get e refund (for my clutch work).Eventually I had a friend (with a garage) help me install (right the first time) a clutch.Then we discoverd that the only thing replaced was clutch (disc) itself.Even though I was sold a whole clutch kit (bearing, pressure plate, disc).We also discovered that the flywheel had not been resurfaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!!! Common pratice is to replace the flywheel with a new or resurfaced flywheel.This is like doing a brake job without turning, or replacing the rotors.
After that I noticed that one of my struts had come loose/sheared the bolt.Only one way this can happen- if you leave a bolt loose!!!!!!!
Fixed this myself.Just did not wnat to deal with the BS.
Then just the other day, I noticed that my truck was pulling when I braked.So I got up under the truck and looked around and discovered that the oil pump gasket I had replaced was leaking.Well yesterday I left my car there and the replaced one of my calipers(warranty work).I also asked them to look at the oil pump gasket leak.
Low and behold, I get a call form tires plus.I was told that not only do I need rotors and pads (because my rotors where "too thin" )You always change pads when you turn or replace rotors.But the oil (oil pump gasket) that I saw (with my own two eyes) somehow started coming from the rear main seal.They tried to sell me on a new rear main gasket .Hello, when I replaced the clutch I looked at the seal.The seal was dry!!!!!!!!!
I Just looked at the paperwork that I got, and it states that my rotors are under specs, and my pads are 95% worn.This is a complete and total lie.I checked then yesterday after I got home form tires plus.Why did I check? To see if I was right (about tires plus lying to me).I was right
Before I knew was I was getting into (with tires plus) I bought a lifetime aligment.I will never be able to take full advantage of this (alignment package), simply because I do not trust tires plus to work on my vehicle.
Anybody that has had trouble with tires plus, fee free to email me directly.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Struts Replacement
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " I have been knowing Christopher Hinrichs, who makes Jeetop, for three years. Chris is the only one person in his company . He doesn't hire people because he..."
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "I purchased a so called Custom Bagger Kit from Bag Boyz Customs !!! I wondered why they didn't have more pics of finished products on their website, but was assured..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Do not expect a summer vacation on Viking. Don't be misled by the commercials. Read the fine print - Viking is well aware of river levels but do not..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."