I took my car to a tires plus in Oldsmar, FL (the one on Tampa road across from Walmart) and they put two different size tires on my car, which made my car pull to the right really bad (they were the same height but different widths). When I called them out on it they said that even though the tires where under warranty, I would have to buy new tires.

The manager then went on to say that he could discount the price of the tires and then quoted me a price that was higher than what I paid in the first place! I'm a college student and can't afford to buy tires twice (besides why would I pay them to take a second shot at messing up my car) so after the manager failed to help me, I left and decided to go somewhere else.

Before I had saved up the money to buy new tires I was driving to work in the rain (keep in mind the car is hard enough to keep on the road when its dry) I ended up in a nearly fatal accident because the car went to the right and fish tailed into a 360 and hit a some trees and almost flipped when it hit a curb. I know that the accident was partially due to the weather but if I had tires that were the same size I would have had much better control over the car.

Comments

A competent service manager would have owned up to his company's mistake and given you a free brand new tire. Of course, you have to show him the receipt. However, if it was the same store you bought the tire from, the service manager should have been able to look up the records in the computer.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine, I would contact an attorney if I were you. Glad your safe and good luck with everything.

BSRO Social

I am from the corproate office of Tires Plus.

Can you send me an email at social@bfrc.com so I can get some additional information about what happened?

Thanks,