In June 2011, Tire Plus on Tobacco Rd, Augusta, Ga installed rear brakes and rotors on my car; Service Advisor stated front looked bad and needed the same service. Since the back brakes were the ones making the noise I had them to installed just the back.

On 8 Oct 2011, I took the car back to Tire Plus to check a noise coming from rear brakes. I took the car in at 9am and came back at 4:30 (tire Plus never called to say my car had been checked). When I arrived my car was outside the bay behind another car. The Service Adviso reported the Technician had checked the brakes but to be sure he would be checking it again.

I stated I did not believe him and that if the brakes has been checked why would they have to re-check. Service advisor reported they always make double checks. He stated the noise was coming from the front not the back, I said that is not true. At that time I requested my keys and car.

Tire Plus was bent on selling me new brakes and rotors.

On Tuesday, I went to another Tire Plus on the other side of town where the Tech put air in the front tires. I ask the Tech could he do a visual on the brakes and rotor; he checked both and stated the rotors were smooth had no grooves and and he didn't see any problems.

However, Service Advisor at Tobacco Road wrote on his report the calipers have been pushing and grooves were in the rotors. THE TOBACCO ROAD TIRES PLUS IS A BIG RIP OFF.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 12, 2011.

Comments

Hephzibah, Georgia, United States #855712

Divalicious, I agree with you. They are RIPOFFs.

I had some work done by them years ago and paid dearly for it. They did not remedy the problem and tried to accuse me of letting someone else go over their work and damage something.

I was not able to recover my money, the BBB was useless. I suppose because Tires Plus is or was at the time a member of the BBB.

BSRO Social

I am from the corporate office of Tires Plus. Can you send me an email social@bfrc.com so I can get some additional information about your experience at the Tobacco Road store?

Thanks,