"Under-inflated tires tend to show wear on the outside edges of the tread." This is a quote from a tire company site, and I have found other sources that say the same. After getting my tires rotated and alignment checked (supposedly) at our local Tires Plus in Gardnerville, my husband noticed that my tires looked low. I was heading out on a trip and forgot to check the tire pressure. When I returned, having driven about 400 miles on low tires, the front ones were worn on the outside. I checked the tire pressure, and all tires were set at 30 psi, (except the one that had a new screw in between the tread and was at 11psi) when the tire sidewall recommended 44 psi.

When I took the car back to Tires Plus, after waiting for over an hour, the mechanic told me it would be illegal to rotate the tires because tread was showing on the worn ones. (After taking the car to another mechanic to fix the flat, he told us that there was no tread showing on the worn tires). Tires Plus had been having a tire sale that week, coincidentally. I called the manager a few days later, and she told me to bring the car in. She had the tires rotated.

In the past, I had felt that she was honest with me.

I told her how I felt that the guys were trying to cheat me again.

They had sometimes done things while she was gone, including "losing" my skid plate. I would not have known it was missing, if not for my husband checking. We would have discontinued with them a long time ago, except that we have their credit card and it's hard to come up with hundreds of dollars to pay up front.

Something similar happened to us in Rapid City SD last year. We took our car in to that Tires Plus to see if we needed an alignment. Of course, we were told "Yes." When my husband and his brother took a look at the car, they found that the front tires had been lowered to 30 psi. That must be their magic number.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tires Plus Tire Rotation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being fooled by mechanics.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 20, 2016.

Comments

BSRO Social

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to address this for you.

Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com so that we can further assist. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.