Tires Plus (on University Avenue and Tuttle Avenue, Sarasota, Florida) charged me $1200.00 for a brake job I didn't need. They insisted I needed new calipers and new brakes for my 1985 Mecedes Benz 380SL that only had 33,000 miles on it.

When I brought the car to a professional Mercedes Benz mechanic several days later I was told that Mercedes calipers almost never have problems. It turns out all Tires Plus had done was paint the old calipers and put them back on the car.

This reviewer shared experience about "lied about the work my car needed" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Tires Plus. The most disappointing about tires plus brake service from Tires Plus was dishonest practice, beware of tire plus and bad service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Tires Plus.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Tires Plus to other companies on our site.

Comments

BSRO Social

Hello,

Thank you for bringing your concerns with recommended repairs to our attention. We'd be happy to investigate this further if you could email us at SocialCare@bfrc.com with further details, invoice number (if available), the store's 6 digit number or physical address, and the best number you can be reached at it would be greatly appreciated.

We value your feedback and business as a Tires Plus customer. We hope to hear back from you soon.

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1074368

What I really don't understand is why you would take a Mercedes to a Tires Plus store to have work done on your brakes. Or, perhaps you were there for tires and they talked you into brake work.

You really should have known better. Now you know. Hard lesson to learn.

With a brand of car like a Mercedes, only a dealership or a very good, local mechanic should be allowed to work on it. And, the guy you finally went to is correct---calipers on a Benz will last the life of the vehicle in most cases.