Featured

Tires Plus - Problem with car repair
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Oct 20, 2023

The PA Attorney General's office still has my case open and I am complaining everywhere I can. I want my money back, however long it takes

Original review Sep 19, 2023
I had my car in TP Bryn Mawr in July. They quoted about $1300 for radiator and thermostat I agreed Afew weeks later my car overheated and was towed to another TP location where it still is. They said it is the thermostat which I refused to have repaired! This is completely false! I have the PA attorney general and a local TV station working on my behalf, but TP is stonewalling with different information on what is going on. I want them to pay for repairs and my rental car.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Probably good with tires
Cons:
  • Probably not so good with mechanical repairs

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Be careful with this company

Bridgestone

Hello Marylou, we apologize that this has been your experience after radiator and thermostat service at one of our locations. We understand your frustration and want to ensure this is addressed.

Please feel free to email us at socialcare@***.com with your contact information, invoice number from service, address of the store in question, and full details of your experience.

We look forward to assisting you and thank you for choosing Tires Plus. ^Nichollas

Leita Pys

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Customer complaint

I asked to have my two front tires back after purchasing 4 new tires from tires plus. The salesperson I was dealing with comes to me later and informed me that my tires were gone with scrap tire people. I wasnt there long enough for this to happen. I want do business anymore with tires plus after this.

User's recommendation: Don’t do business with Kirkman road Orlando tires plus

Bridgestone

Thank you for sharing this with us, Leita. We are very sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with your recent tire service at our store, and truly apologize for any dissatisfaction.

This type of experience isn't what we stand for, and we'd like to have our management team address your concerns. For continued support, please feel welcome to email us at socialcare@***.com with your contact information, store location, the details of this experience, and your invoice number.

We value your business, and thank you for choosing Tires Plus for your auto care needs. ^Sarah

Bud C Jqs

| map-marker Plainfield, Indiana

Not a Happy customer

Tires Plus - Not a Happy customer
Tires Plus - Not a Happy customer - Image 2
Tires Plus - Not a Happy customer - Image 3
Tires Plus - Not a Happy customer - Image 4
Original review Apr 25, 2024

I had my car towed to Tire Plus location in Plainfield Indiana. I was informed by George the auto mechanic That they will take care of my car.

Shouldnt take more than a day or two. I needed the control arm replaced and CV joint replaced A week went by . Still no car. I went to Tire Plus everyday because wanted an up date seeing my car never moved just sat in the parking lot.

However still finding my car in their parking . Everyday was same old excuses. We will get it in today. Or we are short staffed or we need to order parts.

When the finally got it in the shop. They broke the bolts and needed send out to get fixed. When I did get my car back. Thats when George told me that he had shattered my trunk while pushing the car also has a big dent on the passenger wheel well that were they were working at.

I was told they will drop labor charge. However I did not ask for this they dropped labor cost on their own like they should. I told George was not happy and wanted my trunk fixed.i call Tire Plus customer service 15 times with no return call from the management like they promised.

Tire Plus in Plainfield will rip you off and lie to you. Bunch scam artists dont go there.

Preferred solution: Want my Trunk fixed or full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t go there

Guest

I had horrible experience with this location. I spent so much money and they left me with with nothing but more issues.

Bridgestone

Hello Gael, we're sorry to hear of any inconvenience, and if you would like assistance with addressing your concerns, we'd be happy to assist. Would you please email us at socialcare@***.com with the details of your experience, store's full address, your contact information, and any related invoice numbers?

We value you as a Tires Plus customer, and we hope to receive your email soon. ^Jason

Tyler F Ybd

Tires Plus destroyed my rims

Tires Plus destroyed my rims
Tires Plus destroyed my rims - Image 2
Tires Plus destroyed my rims - Image 3
Tires Plus destroyed my rims - Image 4
Tires Plus destroyed my rims - Image 5
Had new tires put on. Tires Plus destroyed the wheels in the process. Otsego mn tires plus dented and scraped both front wheels

User's recommendation: Otsego Tires Plus ruined my wheels

Bridgestone

Hello Tyler, we hate to hear that this was your experience with tire service at one of our shops. This doesn't sound like our normal level of service, and we'd love to make sure this is addressed by management.

So we can do this, please email us at socialcare@***.com with complete details of what occurred, the invoice number, address of the store in question, and your contact information.

Thank you for being a valued Tires Plus customer, and we look forward to assisting you. ^Nicholas

Cheryl C Nar

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Extremely dissatisfied less than 4 mos car disabled

Tires Plus - Extremely dissatisfied less than 4 mos car disabled
Tires Plus - Extremely dissatisfied less than 4 mos car disabled - Image 2

$3200 in repairs, tires, coils replaced, 3 out of 6 are no good,#4 is cracked. Catalyst convertor is clogged (by the fire wall).AC evacuator/compressor not changed or replaced..stopped working after 1 week, did a tuneup on electronic ignition, it's a key ignition to start car, non electronic..a/c drive belt was not changed , bolts missing on engine cover..broke down on 95 had it towed home called mgr..he said have it towed there..he should have had it towed to Tiresplus.after having it done only 2 mos .I want our $ back.

Called numerous times to speak to Mgr never avail. On vacation or just never avail.The best is I'm a mgr @ a Dealership who handles all services..I will contacting an atty to get all things that where not fixed and pd for back $1425 worth

Loss:

Preferred solution: Our money back on things they said they repaired and didn't and Items that were not good products

User's recommendation: Don't go there, save yourself a huge headache

Guest

Need email address emailed to me to send you the invoice etc

Bridgestone

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Cheryl. We are very sorry to hear you have experienced these issues after service at our Port Saint Lucie location, and would like to have our management team investigate your concerns.

For continued support, please feel welcome to email us at socialcare@***.com. We will need full details, the store's full address, your contact information, and any related invoice number. We value your business, and want to ensure your satisfaction.

Thank you for choosing Tires Plus for your auto care needs. ^Sarah

David H Pwb

| map-marker Port Orange, Florida

Auto damage claim

Tires Plus - Auto damage claim
Tires Plus - Auto damage claim - Image 2
Tires Plus - Auto damage claim - Image 3
Tires Plus - Auto damage claim - Image 4

After front end alignment on truck, 3 weeks later, upper control arm ball joint snapped,after crossing a railroad crossing.

Wheel damage, brake hose snapped,both bal joints destroyed.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Cost of parts,labor, and new wheel.

Bridgestone

Hello David, thank you for sharing these details of your experience. We pride ourselves on delivering nothing but the best in product and service quality, and apologize for any dissatisfaction with your recent alignment service at our store.

We understand how upsetting this is, and would like to have our management team address your concerns. Please feel welcome to email us at SocialCare@***.com with your contact information, the store location, the details of this experience, your invoice number, and we will be happy to further assist you. We hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to working with you to resolve this.

Jeff L Xye

| map-marker Ankeny, Iowa

Shady Business Practices

Beware. I would stay far away from Tires Plus.

I took my car in for two new tires. I was called 15-20 minutes after I got home from dropping my car off. They said that I needed two new struts for my car on top of the new tires.

When I asked about this, they told me that they had no clue why my struts were broken and why my car was not experiencing any issues prior to arriving. I drive my car everyday without experiencing any of the issues that you see with broken struts.

I did pay for service and when I voiced my frustration I was asked why I bothered to get my car fixed.

I wonder why? Either I could drive the car off the lot and experience further car issues till the issue was fixed, or I could get it taken care of. As much as I didn't want them working on my car, I made the choice for them to fix the issue.

When I was asking for clarification; I was told that my struts were broken and then I was told that they were rusted. Initially they said nothing about them being rusted.

I was told that they were broken. Maybe they were rusted to the point where they were broken, that's possible, we live in Iowa. I found it odd that they went from broken to rusted to the point of broken.

Why not say they were rusted at the beginning of our conversation? To me, it seemed as if they were changing their story.

If you need any service, please go somewhere else and save yourself some money and frustration.

User's recommendation: Stay Away

gAlex A

| map-marker Stonecrest, Georgia

IT IS TIME FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT!

Do not go to this Tiresplus -- for that matter, none of them. For starters, my first visit was for a battery and brake caliber.

Returned the battery for another one a month later. Two weeks later it was dead - returned got another one - same thing! Brake caliber installment - burst a couple of months after it was installed - faulty work or faulty parts, I am beginning to think BOTH!!! Ok, maybe they are only good with tires - hence the name.

I went to purchase a tire after getting a screw (Supposedly) was stuck in one of them. I was told with my car type, i will need to replace all 4 tires - so I did. 8 months later, a tire started losing air - returned to the store and was told a nail was in one of the tires. I had to buy another set of 4 (according to them the tread was too low on the others to just put on one new tire).

Ok, so this lady bought another 4 tires. 7 months in on this 2nd set of new tires, I had a flat - this time it was glass. They tried to push 4 more new tires - again, because of the FORD ESCAPE that I drive. I said NO, put 2 new tires on the back and put the good tire in my trunk.

That was Feb 2024. Today, March 20th, 2024, I am back at tiresplus because a tire was losing air, yet again! The attendant stated they will check it out for 9.99 - I said fine, just let me know what the problem is and show me the evidence. An hour and a half later, I get a telephone call (mind you, I am sitting in the freaking waiting room!) telling me my car is ready.

What? What was wrong with the tire? Oh, it had a nail in it. Where is the nail?

Threw it away...I told you to tell me what the problem was and show me the evidence. On top of that they patched the tire. I do not do patched tires - they are dangerous! I told him no, that is not acceptable.

I asked that they pull the tire they put in my trunk a month ago and replace the tire with that one. He had the audacity to say they do not mount used tires! I bought the tires from you a month ago! I left and went and bought a new tire elsewhere.

I only kept returning because I purchased the warranty - screw the warranty!! The next time I return to that store, it will be with a lawsuit!

Loss:
Cons:
  • All cons

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Run!!! DO NOT GO TO TIRESPLUS FOR ANYTHING!

Guest

Do not expect to leave there without being charged for at least a thousand dollars

Bridgestone

Hello Alex, we're sorry to hear of any inconvenience, and if you would like assistance with addressing your concerns, we'd be happy to assist. Would you please email us at socialcare@***.com with the details of your experience, store's full address, your contact information, and any applicable invoice numbers?

We value your business with Tires Plus, and we hope to receive your email soon. ^Jason

Gary P Pvs

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Gainesville, Florida

I frankly think that they changed me for turning off my dash lights

Tires Plus - I frankly think that they changed me for turning off my dash lights
I brought my car into the downtown Gainesville Florida location a few weeks ago because I had a check your gas cap issue. They charged me $500+ bucks. But, the alert just came back on again. Did they do anything?
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good location
Cons:
  • Did they do good work

Preferred solution: Fix it with no extra charge

User's recommendation: Don’t go there unless they make things right.

Bridgestone

Hello Gary, thank you for sharing the details of your experience. We pride ourselves on delivering nothing but the best in service quality, and truly apologize for any dissatisfaction with recent services at our Gainesville location.

We understand how upsetting this is, and would like to have our management team address your concerns. Please feel welcome to email us at SocialCare@***.com with your contact information, store location, the details of this experience, any related invoice number, and we will be happy to assist you further. We hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to working with you to resolve this.

Eric R Ffz

| map-marker Pompano Beach, Florida

Disgusting service

On 4/25/2024, I went to this location (1100 Sth federal highway, pompano beach, 33063), for a tire patch (I have hazard coverage ) and was met with hostility and contention by the Front desk person. He then started arguing with me and told me to pay $20 to look at the tire the tire has tread and was told the hazard expired- why lie and be rude as *** to paying customers? Please address this- I need a tire but these individuals are disgusting and cant be trusted

Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Incompetent
  • Unprofessional employees

User's recommendation: Go to location on Powerline

Bridgestone

Hello Eric, thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We pride ourselves on delivering top-notch service, and we're sorry to hear that you received anything less than that from our teammate during this visit to our Pompano Beach location for tire service.

We understand how upsetting this experience has been, and would like to have your concerns addressed by our management team. For continued support, please feel welcome to email us at socialcare@***.com with your contact information, store location, any related invoice number, and the complete details of your experience. We value your business, and look forward to receiving your email.

Thank you for choosing Tires Plus for your auto care needs. ^Sarah

Robert P Xho

Verified Reviewer

Was well taken care of at the counter but after the service was done I was very unimpressed I left with my invoice and paid my bill for my tires and also my tire light came on saying I had 22 l issues

was well taken care of at the counter but after the service was done I was very unimpressed I left with my invoice and paid my bill for my tires and also my tire light came on saying I had 22 lb of pressure in my tire and it was a brand new tire I got a little tire was going low I looked a little bit closer and I realized that the valve stems were not replaced and it was leaking and then when I looked at my bill I realized that they charged me for disposal of tires and valve stems did it looks a little bit more closer in my rooms I realized they only balance one wheel which was the right side there were no weights on the left so I went back to your shop and I walked in and I said hey we forgot the valve stems and you charged me for tire disposal which I took my tires with me for my dock at the lake the girls oh I thought we took that charge off and we always charge to change valve says I said well if you look a little closer it's not new brass it's old and there's no caps on these tires on the valve stems and I said when you look closer you only balance one wheel they took my car back in the text came out 15 minutes later and says did they explain to you what happened I said no he says I just calibrated my tire balancing machine and I must have forgot to the rest of the stuff that I needed to do for your car I found that very unacceptable and very shoddy workmanship and I was not impressed at that point I paid for almost $500 for tires valve stems and I had to go back a second time have him redo the same job they should have done right the first time it was very disappointed and I still have two more tires I need to put in this car but I don't think I want you folks to do them I just really not too impressed I'm still having problems with my but like I said they didn't reset my sensors nothing so and I can be reached at 612-403-****

Preferred solution: The job done right

Bridgestone

Hello Robert, we are sorry to hear of these issues after service, and we would like to investigate your concerns. Please email us at socialcare@***.com.

We will need the complete details, store's full address, your contact information, and any invoice numbers related to this matter.

We value your business with Tires Plus and hope to hear from you soon. ^Jason

Resolved
Alexandria Y Gjz

| map-marker Coral Springs, Florida

Resolved: 4 days a no road hazard replacement

Updated by user Dec 23, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Will, Tampa Tires Plus GM ended up helping, I have attempted to write whole story here but can’t. Area manager never contacted me, local CS store GM absolutely was no help

Updated by user Nov 23, 2023

Waiting on area manager 4 days later, corpo CSR stated 24-48 hrs

Original review Nov 23, 2023
Local store within 2 miles of my home said they dont carry or change 285/55r20 any longer so they cannot road hazard my tire that got a screw in the tread (not sidewall) this particular tire has less than 5000 miles on it since Feb 2023, have been told by multiple locations near me will have to find a specific location that will fix/replace my tire.
The location that changed these back in Feb 2023 was amazing, but my local spots 4 hrs away have been nightmare fuel. Area manager was supposed to call me 24/48 hrs after calling corporate, my truck is unsafe to drive with that screw being so close to the sidewall.

I cannot currently drive my vehicle, Im the caretaker to my elderly disabled mom. This is absolute bs that im probably going to have a brand new tire.
The one location 20 miles away litchrally told me to please try to go to 1 of the 12 locations between me and them and that they cant even get my model tire in stock, and if they where to replace it would be the one with a mismatched single tire on the drivers side front, this is super dangerous. So they wouldnt match both since they cant get the tires in stock.

At least the location 20 miles away tried to help me, meanwhile the location 2 miles from my home has a figure it out attitude
Whats killing me is that the north location I made the purchase of these tires and mounted was able to source the tires I needed. I am beyond frustrated right now as I do not have my most reliable primary vehicle at my disposal.
Im pretty close to the point that Im never going back to tires plus ever again.
Still waiting on the area manager, I do understand it is thanksgiving week, but Im in an extremely tight spot right now with my primary vehicle being in a dangerous state.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything listed in my review
  • Fix it yourself attitude from location employees

User's recommendation: Don’t ever go here

Bridgestone

Hello Alexandria, we're sorry to hear of any inconvenience, and if you would like assistance with addressing your concerns, we'd be happy to assist. Would you please email us at socialcare@***.com with the details of your experience, store's full addresses, and your contact information?

You are a valued Tires Plus customer and we look forward to working with you. ^Jason

Adarius Tck
map-marker Sarasota, Florida

Had front brakes installed. tech overfilled my brake fluid reservoir causing my brakes to stay engaged almost causing me an accident. Totally unacceptable for a professional repair shop.

Road test vehicles that have brake work done to make sure no mistakes were made. Overfilling a brake reservoir is bad news it causes the brakes to stay engaged. Very stupid mistake for a professional mechanic to

User's recommendation: Find a better place for brake work.

Bridgestone

Hello Adarius, thank you for sharing the details of your experience. We pride ourselves on delivering nothing but the best in product and service quality, and apologize for any dissatisfaction with your brake service at our store.

We understand how upsetting this has been, and would like to have our management team address your concerns. Please feel welcome to email us at SocialCare@***.com with your contact information, the store location, the details of this experience, and your invoice number, and we will be happy to further assist you. We hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to working with you to resolve this.

Brian J Cky

| map-marker Augusta (Richmond County), Georgia

Learned to open and keep your appointments

This is the 2nd time tires plus has screwed me out of my appointment making me late for work and wasting my time and they need to learn to open on time and or somehow let your appointments know what is going on but they dont and they just blew it off and basically said oh well. So Im done with tires plus
Loss:
Cons:
  • Store management

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: No!!

Resolved
Ann H Xjr
map-marker Englewood, Florida

Resolved: Rude employee who swore at me work not done

Updated by user Mar 14, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Will fix the issue

Original review Feb 28, 2024
I went for an alignment. My tires are worn,(due to the necessary need for repairs).

Upon completion I was told that there would still be a hard pull to the right due to my tire wear, the need for struts, and general condition of my vehicle. This happened quite loudly with a lobby full of people and I expressed my knowledge of the tires however I had new struts put on the front of the car 10 days prior to bringing it for the alignment hence the need for the alignment. The worn tires were on the rear of a front-wheel drive car to prevent any further wear. I let them know that I did just replace struts and how did he not know?

Or should I say notice? I also let him know that I know I need tires but I wanted to do a front end alignment first so that it would not wear out brand new tires, and then I said I wouldn't be doing it there... The reason being is the company I work for gives me a 20% discount on tires, from a different place! Which he didn't give me a chance to tell him.

He was quoting laws and shouting excuses. I could go on, but ultimately I frustrated him in my responses, and he threw my paperwork down and walked away saying "go *** somewhere else"and that is a direct quote.

I left the store. I was charged $121 and I think $0.22 total and I was told an alignment was done, however the alignment is worse than it was before bringing it in there.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Service counter
Cons:
  • Mechanics people skills

Guest

If you were there, which obviously you weren't, you would know that I told the customer service manager about the discount prior to my vehicle even being on the lift. They did not try to sell me tires because of the discount that I get.

I also mentioned it a second time after the mechanic left. I failed to tell you that when it was time for him to return my keys to me he threw them through the service window and they landed on the counter. I was told by multiple people who work there that he is not a people person and he's just like that. But it doesn't excuse poor and I emphasize POOR customer service and relations from this mechanic.

I have already reached out to the corporate office. I expect to hear back from them most likely today.

Guest

Come on. You had no intention of telling him about your company discount elsewhere. You did a C move and told him you weren’t getting tires there which he didn’t ask and there was no reason to tell him.

Linda C Ulp

| map-marker Jacksonville, Florida

Horrible service

Third return to correct what they did wrong. Also asked 3 times to diagnose rattle in front end. Finally today they addresses 1 of the two issues. Car is back for the 4th time to correct crooked steering wheel that have asked 2 times before. Also had to have someone drop me off and pick me up each time.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Bridgestone

Hello Linda, thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We are very sorry to hear that you had to return for service to be corrected, and would like to make sure this is addressed with our management team.

For continued support, please email us at socialcare@***.com with full details, the store's full address, your contact information, and your invoice number.

You are a valued Tires Plus customer, and we hope to hear from you soon. ^Sarah

Mat W Tks

| map-marker Carmel, Indiana

Appointment

Hello, I would like to know why I set an appointment up for the Carmel, In tires plus app# 18904**** for tire change. I was told after waiting for 20 minutes since the office guy was clueless that they were just trying to get me in the door but have never sold the Tires that were showing as available under that store online. I would like to know why no one notified me that this store has never sold these Tires.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything i dealt with

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Go Elsewhere

Brands Related to Tires Plus

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article