I took in my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse to a Tires Plus in Lake Mary, FL for a price quote on 4 new tires. I was looking at the buy 3 get 1 free deal they are running on Falken Ziex 912 tires.
With my car sitting 10 feet away, I spoke with an employee who quoted me a satisfactory price. He printed out the quote and I left saying I would call back to set up an appointment. When I got home, I noticed the size printed on the quote was wrong. It was 235/50-17 instead of 225/50-17 that I needed. The following day I called the store in hopes of clearing it up and making my appointment. The original person I spoke with was not in, so I spoke with someone else. He said he could get the tires from a sister store as they did not have them in stock at that location, I also mentioned that the size needs to be 225/50-17.
He did not take down my phone number, name, or anything else, and was eager to get off the phone with me. I told him I would be in after work the following day to which he agreed. I also asked if they could take care of me before the store closed at 7pm, to which he also replied that it would be done.
I called the next day after work (while on my way to Tires Plus) and spoke to yet another different person, inquiring whether the tires were at that location. They said they were, and I told them I would be there shortly. Again, no appointment or anything. Not even a name, although the person on the phone seemed to know that I had called before because she was the one that went to get the tires from the different location.
I get there, and am informed that the total would be $110 more than previously quoted. What? Oh, I'm told that the smaller size tire is actually more expensive by $30 each. And the tires that they picked up from the other store are the wrong size completely...but it's ok because they happen to have my size, and the original quoted size in stock (they didn't 3 days prior).
This is not the first time they have quoted wrong, or mishandled appointments for me. Not everyone's schedule revolves around Tires Plus.
Ways Tires Plus could improve:
1. Tie in quotes to customer profiles
2. Make appointments and tie then in to customer profiles
3. Tie in quotes to customer profiles...
4. Look at customer profiles when making quotes (maybe would have noticed that my car was there, with the correct tire size displayed).
If you quote wrong, after three phone calls over three days, honor the price so this doesn't happen.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Falken Ziex 912
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Follow up on poor paint job After taking may t bucket back due to runs and poor paint quality the owner, Wayne, applied tape to identify all the areas that required..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "RV was purchased on 7-31-14 from Camping World Statesville NC for xxxxx. Unit was brought home on 8-9-2014. Immediately we started noticing some things were off on this RV...."
- "I have been a owner for 10 yrs. we have a studio every other year. When we bought in 2005 they show you a big studio with walk in shower..."
- "We purchased King Size Restonic Mattress set in May 2010. First set they sent was the wrong set so we had to wait for the right set to be sent...."
- "My Rains Soft water treatment system is horrible. It doesn't work as advertised. I get dirty water out of my sink taps, toilets showers about 3 - 4..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."