I took in my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse to a Tires Plus in Lake Mary, FL for a price quote on 4 new tires. I was looking at the buy 3 get 1 free deal they are running on Falken Ziex 912 tires.
With my car sitting 10 feet away, I spoke with an employee who quoted me a satisfactory price. He printed out the quote and I left saying I would call back to set up an appointment. When I got home, I noticed the size printed on the quote was wrong. It was 235/50-17 instead of 225/50-17 that I needed. The following day I called the store in hopes of clearing it up and making my appointment. The original person I spoke with was not in, so I spoke with someone else. He said he could get the tires from a sister store as they did not have them in stock at that location, I also mentioned that the size needs to be 225/50-17.
He did not take down my phone number, name, or anything else, and was eager to get off the phone with me. I told him I would be in after work the following day to which he agreed. I also asked if they could take care of me before the store closed at 7pm, to which he also replied that it would be done.
I called the next day after work (while on my way to Tires Plus) and spoke to yet another different person, inquiring whether the tires were at that location. They said they were, and I told them I would be there shortly. Again, no appointment or anything. Not even a name, although the person on the phone seemed to know that I had called before because she was the one that went to get the tires from the different location.
I get there, and am informed that the total would be $110 more than previously quoted. What? Oh, I'm told that the smaller size tire is actually more expensive by $30 each. And the tires that they picked up from the other store are the wrong size completely...but it's ok because they happen to have my size, and the original quoted size in stock (they didn't 3 days prior).
This is not the first time they have quoted wrong, or mishandled appointments for me. Not everyone's schedule revolves around Tires Plus.
Ways Tires Plus could improve:
1. Tie in quotes to customer profiles
2. Make appointments and tie then in to customer profiles
3. Tie in quotes to customer profiles...
4. Look at customer profiles when making quotes (maybe would have noticed that my car was there, with the correct tire size displayed).
If you quote wrong, after three phone calls over three days, honor the price so this doesn't happen.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Falken Ziex 912
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post> incompetent and I had an awful experience there. dba. www.watersportsunlimitedtx.com >> Marine service in PrincetonWhere do I begin?... How pissed do you..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "After 6 weeks of waiting and 6k in repairs our 97K forest River RV was returned in horrible condition. No walk through to confirms repairs just pay the cashier and..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "I have been an Oreo fanatic my entire life. I'm 68 years old. But i was never so disappointed when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what..."
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "On June 7th we made a simple drop-off to have a chipped diamond replaced in Emily’s wedding ring. We were told that her ring repair was covered under a service..."