I took in my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse to a Tires Plus in Lake Mary, FL for a price quote on 4 new tires. I was looking at the buy 3 get 1 free deal they are running on Falken Ziex 912 tires.
With my car sitting 10 feet away, I spoke with an employee who quoted me a satisfactory price. He printed out the quote and I left saying I would call back to set up an appointment. When I got home, I noticed the size printed on the quote was wrong. It was 235/50-17 instead of 225/50-17 that I needed. The following day I called the store in hopes of clearing it up and making my appointment. The original person I spoke with was not in, so I spoke with someone else. He said he could get the tires from a sister store as they did not have them in stock at that location, I also mentioned that the size needs to be 225/50-17.
He did not take down my phone number, name, or anything else, and was eager to get off the phone with me. I told him I would be in after work the following day to which he agreed. I also asked if they could take care of me before the store closed at 7pm, to which he also replied that it would be done.
I called the next day after work (while on my way to Tires Plus) and spoke to yet another different person, inquiring whether the tires were at that location. They said they were, and I told them I would be there shortly. Again, no appointment or anything. Not even a name, although the person on the phone seemed to know that I had called before because she was the one that went to get the tires from the different location.
I get there, and am informed that the total would be $110 more than previously quoted. What? Oh, I'm told that the smaller size tire is actually more expensive by $30 each. And the tires that they picked up from the other store are the wrong size completely...but it's ok because they happen to have my size, and the original quoted size in stock (they didn't 3 days prior).
This is not the first time they have quoted wrong, or mishandled appointments for me. Not everyone's schedule revolves around Tires Plus.
Ways Tires Plus could improve:
1. Tie in quotes to customer profiles
2. Make appointments and tie then in to customer profiles
3. Tie in quotes to customer profiles...
4. Look at customer profiles when making quotes (maybe would have noticed that my car was there, with the correct tire size displayed).
If you quote wrong, after three phone calls over three days, honor the price so this doesn't happen.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Falken Ziex 912
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "Owned Chateau from end of March and my Rig has been to Camping World around 5 times and reported over 11 issues and still going with them ever y day.Well,..."
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "My complaint is against Surface Solutions & Design and its owner/operators, Peter M. *** and Lucie R. Elmer, for being deceptive about their product and the absolutely terrible floor installation..."
- "Ordered the "The Magic Of Mickey Mouse" Diamonesk Embrace Ring at the beginning of December for my daughter for Christmas . When it got close to Christmas, wondering where my..."
- "Schnauzersrus.com is a wonderful place to buy a puppy. That's why she gets top dollar for her puppies. You get what you pay for. Marcimo the person who posted the..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."