I have been reading these complaints for about an hour, and I have to say that there are alot of misunderstandings. As an auto-tech myself I have graduated highschool and learned how to spell. Also I have learned to use correct punctuation, if your going to attempt to make a respectable complaint please do the same.

I would like to bring up a few things that bothered me while reading these complaints.

Save yourself some time, and or money, and research information regarding your quote before agreeing to the repairs. I say this because I read a complaint in which someone was told that they needed four shocks and two struts. That is impossible because struts or shocks are mounted in the corner of your vehicle, one on either corner in the front and one in either corner of the rear...(4). There has never been a commercial vehicle produced with both a strut and a shock in the same corner.

Another complaint was that a Durango with a "lifetime alignment" was told that he had to pay sixty dollars to align his vehicle. Lifetimetime alignment does mean that the alignment is covered for as long as you own the vehicle. However if it is a case in which the factory adjustments are not enough aftermarket camber, caster, and or shim kits are needed and not covered by most companies.

Finally, I read a complaint from a customer that stated he or she was given a price to remove and replace a front cv axle. When they had come to pay the bill, the price had risen. Apparently they were told that the increase in cost was due to a piece of the axle that went into the engine was stuck and also had to be removed. Once a gain this is not likely because the cv axle runs from your hub assembly to your gearbox(differential, or transmission).

I am posting this not to *** back or defend my fellow technicians, but only to try and encourage customers to educate themselves. Also don't be afraid to ask questions, when given a diagnosis ask to be taken into the shop and have the problem pointed out and explained. Another way to be reassured is to ask to have the old part(s) shown to you when you arrive to pickup your vehicle.

I hope that maybe these few pieces of advice are taken and applied as to help with those who have been "ripped off", or "taken advantage of".

Comments

Reno, Nevada, United States #737266

If I could get spelling and punctuation to trigger an ignition, light a fuel charge in a 99% sealed chamber, that induces a reciprocating action to a timed ratio rotating mass of selective metallic billet, forged into a torque developing inertia connected to a gear driving driven cog, that produces perpetual motion actuation, providing transport over multiple terrains and surfaces. Conceal it in a shell of selectable comfort, with an eye appealing design and color .

there would be career opportunities for us all. As long as those little wiggly lines do not form under my statement .

Then it's all good. :)

im curious to find out how andre weston knew his calipers were ok? did you actually get down in there and take them off yoursef to see if they were ok?

or did you just think there is no way it was bad? and if you knew the problem, why didnt you fix it yourself?

charliehoss

This guy says that a lifetime alignment doesn't mean for as long as you own the car. I was with my wife when we bought the lifetime alignment plan.

My wife asked about the lifetime plan and we were told it does cover the car as long as we own it. Recomended bringing the car back every 6 months to be checked.

boats and hoes

Tires Plus is well known right now for being a scam outfit. They overcharge, make up phony diagnoses and mess up the most simple repairs.

Any mechanic at a real shop can tell you this. Don't go there. AVOID THE BIG CHAIN SHOPS AT ALL COSTS.

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT FIXING ANY CARS. Its all about the quotas.

who gives a *** people it's about *** tires plus and tech's ripping people off who gives a *** about grammar jesus christ you people are animals!!!

#196146

Thank you for the car repair education. Not sure which high school you graduated from, but the one I graduated from taught me that high school is two words and not one!

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #130500

I HOPE THIS IS READ BY ALOT OF PEOPLE. I HAVE BEEN IN THE AUTO BUISNESS FOR 20 PLUS YEARS AND HAVE SEEN ALOT. PRICING AND WARR.VERY FROM TOWN TO TOWN AS WILL AS STATE TO STATE. EVEN IN THE SAME COMPANY. THIS IS VERY FUSTRAING FOR US AS WILL AS CUSTOMERS. BECAUSE OF THIS IT IS HARD TO KEEP A UNIFORM CODE OF CONDUCT. PLUS LIKE ANY BUSINESS THERE IS ALWAYS A PUSH TO MAKE A PROFIT AND SOME TIME IT IS AT COST OF THE TECHS TOO.

I'M AWARE THAT THERE ARE BAD TECHS AND SALEMAN OUT THERE AND SOMETIMES IT IS HARD TO OVERCOME THE DAMAGES THEY CAN DO AND I AM SORRY FOR THAT. I DO KNOW THE DISTRICT THAT I'M IN THE CUSTOMERS RULE AND THATS GOOD BUT FUSTRATING. DID I MENTION THAT I WORK FOR TIRESPLUS. WHEN YOU GET A CUSTOMER THAT IS IGNORANT ABOUT CARS AND THEY GET ADVISE FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE EVEN MORE IGNORANT THAN THEY ARE. IT IS HARD TO PLEASE THEM CAUSE NO MATTER WHAT IS SAID EVEN IF THE TECH IS CORRECT IN EVERYWAY IT WON'T MATTER CAUSE THAT CUSTOMER HAS MADE UP THEIR MIND. AND THE DISTRICT I'M IN WILL GENERALLY REFUND THEM THEIR MONEY JUST TO PROVE THAT WE ARE NOT THERE TO RIP THEM OFF. THE BAD PART ABOUT THIS IS THAT THERE ARE CUSTOMERS OUT THERE THAT KNOW THIS AND THEY USE IT TO RIP OFF TIRESPLUS BUT THEY AREN'T HURTING THE COMPANY IT ENDS UP HURTING A GOOD TECH THAT IS DOING HIS JOB TO HELP THE CUSTOMER. CAUSE IT IS EFFECTS HIS EARNINGS.

THERE IS ANOTHER THING THAT GETS TO ME IS WHEN SOMEONE THINKS THAT JUST BECAUSE A WOMEN IS INVOLED WE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM. TRUST ME THERE ARE MEN OUT THERE THAT ARE DUMBER THAN ALOT OF WOMEN WHEN IT COMES TO CARS.

WHEN PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF CERTAIN MAKE AND MODELS OF CARS IT LOOKS LIKE WE MAYBE PADDING THE EST. OR TELLING THEM THE NEED THINGS THEY DON'T NEED BUT THERE ARE TIMES WHEN WE RECCOMMEND THING TO HELP THEM SAVE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN AND TO KEEP THEM AND OTHER PEOPLE SAVE.

SO NEXT TIME LOOK AND LISTEN AND GET A SECOND OPINION BUT DON'T LET ONE BAD TRIP RULE YOUR THINKING.

This place is so bad I wouldn't let them put air in my tires. My wife had taken our 1995 ford explorer for a brake job, and seeing that shes a woman decided to rip her off.

Telling her the calipers and rotor were shot, they proceeded to jack up the bill.

Rotors might have been bad but I know that the calipers were fine.The finale kicker was when they charged $25 dollars to torque bolts to specifications and another $25 dollars to chase the threads in the caliper mounting bracket. As others have said try word of mouth to find a reputable mechanic to take your vehicle to because Tires Plus is not one.

Well regardless of the grammar of the original person to post this article. He is correct.

I am also a mechanic. I have never worked for a shop other than my own. If you are not at all mechanically inclined then you are at the mercy of the garage you go to. It helps to know some one who is actually a little educated about cars.

It is much the same way when most of go to a doctor. We have little more than our trust in the doctor. that they will be correct and be able to fix what ales us. I am sorry if your not educated about cars.

But as stated before. It's usually not the mechanic ripping you off.

It's the salesman. And yes it happens all the time.

RIP OFF SPECIALIST,NOT TO BE TRUSTED

I used to work at a tire company and I would suggest that all are notorious for up-pricing and selling services not needed. I recommend paying for all repairs with a credit card.

If repairs seem inadequete then dispute the charge with the card company. Ask to see what they are fixing on the car and even take a picture to compare parts discussed. Repair salesmen work on commission and are famous for padding the sales ticket. For example, I was pricing the replacement of a rack and pinion, the salesman threw in the price of removing the tie rod ends (which attach the steering to the wheels).

My response was to inquire if he was goin to charge me for opening the door, putting the key in the ignition, moving the car, etc. All chain shops use standard labor pricing for repairs.

The tech is not the one who is in error.

It's the salesman. I never get repairs without sleeping on it first, then understanding what needs to be done (vs what is merely recommending), then price shopping .

I like that you used a comma splice while trying to maintain that you "have learned to use proper punctuation." Priceless.

You attack peoples spelling, grammar and punctuation and yet your diatribe is full of these errors.

Let me point out a few:

"if your going to attempt" The word your here is grammatically incorrect and should either be you're or you are.

"However if it is a case in which the factory adjustments are not enough aftermarket camber, caster, and or shim kits are needed and not covered by most companies." You left out the comma between however and if. It should be and/or not and or. Also "and not" between needed and covered doesn't make sense with the rest of the sentence and is grammatically incorrect; it should be they are not covered by most companies.

Now normally I wouldn't do this, but since you are so pompous you were asking for it.

Do you not realize that when you attack people for something and yet fail to deliver yourself you make yourself look like a ***?

Seriously sand_cygnus? That's the best you could come up with? You have nothing intelligent to say other than that?

Monroe, Virginia, United States #19765