I took my car in on a saturday morning around 8 for new rotors and rear brakes didn't get my car back till 4:30 in the afternoon everything was fine.

Or so i thought about a few miles down the road, everytime i would brake it sounded like thunder.Went back to tires plus that day got it back the next afternoon midday, they said the car was fine.

I drove one of the techs around and guess what thunder once again, so that meant they held my car overnight and did nothing. they told me it was another problem not relating to the rotors and refused to fix it.

Needless to say my car is undrivable because i can't brake don't ever go to tires plus.

Comments

What did Tires Plus say was causing the thunder noise? If it's a motor/transmission mount, then that has nothing to do with the brakes. Those mounts can break at anytime when they are old and it could be a coincidence that they broke after Tires Plus worked on your brakes. You should have another mechanic look at your car and see if it's caused by the brakes.

A missing brake-caliper bracket bolt could cause a loud sound upon braking too.

#119923

Save 15% or more on car insurance, your gonna need it.