1.7
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Tires Plus – Dunn Ave., Jacksonville, FL. It is noteworthy, neither Tires Plus (corporate) or this store have a facebook page, a google review capability, or provide the consumer the ability to leave a comment on their website.

However, comments do appear and magically show an average review of 4.6 (out of 5). I have been a loyal customer of not only Tires Plus, but of THIS location (Dunn Ave, Jacksonville, Fl.) since I moved to Florida 5 years ago. For the first four or so years, I always found the service professional and the staff knowledgeable. Then they had a change in service managers.

Things began to change. It wasn’t always a good experience. A few months ago, I took one of our vehicles in for what should have been a simple repair that a service technician, a service manager, and myself had discussed previously. After having the vehicle for the majority of the day, they called me to let me know they would NOT be able to perform the work (ever… at all…).

It was now beyond their capability. Yesterday, I took my 2012 Hyundai Accent in to have my battery checked because I had to push start (it is a manual transmission) my car in the morning the day before and since then it was slow to start. They checked the battery and told me my problem wasn’t the battery, but the alternator and it would cost me about $550. Not in a position to doubt their assessment, I agreed to the alternator replacement.

While they waited for the part to be delivered, they informed me they would put a charge on my battery. This sounded prudent so I didn’t doubt that either. Seven hundred and fifty dollars later, I collected my keys and left. The car was slow to start.

I thought this a wee odd, but decided the battery hadn’t yet reached full charge. I drove home (approximately four miles). Not three hours later, I had to push start my car because my battery was dead. After calling the corporate office to register my displeasure, I looked again at the paperwork from the repair.

Imagine my surprise when I found a recommendation to replace my battery (for an additional $160). NOBODY EVER mentioned this. In fact, I was told by the service manager I did NOT need a battery. This has left me wondering if I ever needed the $500 alternator at all…??!!!!!

Have I been taken for $500, only to NEED to drop another $160 on the battery that would have fixed my problem…???? I may NEED to find a new car repair facility.

Review about: Tires Plus Car Part Replacement.

I liked: Were able to fit me in.

I didn't like: Sold me an alternator i did not need.

Comments

BSRO Social

Thank you for sharing this feedback with Tires Plus. We understand your frustration.

We would be happy to escalate these concerns on your behalf. Please feel welcome to send us an email at socialcare@bfrc.com with additional details. Please include a link to this review, any related invoices, and your full contact information. We hope to hear from you soon.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to resolve this. Thank you and have a wonderful day.