May, 08 I began my experience with Tires Plus in Newnan, Ga. I took my jeep liberty in to have my air checked. I was told i needed a new air condensor at the cost of 419.00 plus labor. They said that this should fix the problem. I was encouraged to open a charge account with the company. They completed the job and I took my car. As I was driving down the road I immediately noticed that my car was blowing hot air again. I called Tires plus and they said to bring it back in.

When I took my car back in the tech said that i needed a new relay switch and that it would cost $ 60.00. Again he reassured me that this should fix the problem. I asked about my compressor I was assured that the air compressor was great. I paid the $60.00 and left thinking my car was fixed. Immediately noticed that my car was still blowing hot air. I called and spoke to the manager Rob. He told me to bring the car back in. The tech checked the car again and now said I needed 3 new switches which would be another $400.00. Again they reassured me that my car would be fixed. The manger said that my compressor was good. After leaving with the 3 new switches, my car was still blowing hot air. I called the manager and he told me that they would be glad to check it.

I took my car back on July 3, 2008. Now I am being told that I need a new compressor for my air. This makes me angry because I have asked about the compressor since the first time I took my car in.

I am pissed and I believe that I was taken advantage of. I am trying to figure out what my next move will be and if I will be contacting an attorney to determine my next move.

Pam Mullinax

Newnan, Ga

Review about: Tires Plus Repair.

Comments

Reno, Nevada, United States #737256

HINDSIGHT IS 20/20 , JEEP LIBERTY HAS SERVICE BULLETINS ON COMPRESSOR FAILURES, MEANS THEY COULDN'T PUT IT TOGETHER RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHY A CONDENSER?

UNLESS STONE DAMAGE OR CHAFFING ON THE CORE SUPPORT? IF THE CONDENSER WAS PLUGGED THEN CATASTROPHIC FAILURE OF THE COMPRESSOR MUST HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS, IN THAT CASE A DRIER, EXPANSION VALVE, AND FLUSH, ALONG WITH A NEW COMPRESSOR SHOULD HAVE BEEN ESTIMATED. Alot of what I find is a hurry up and ship performance from the service managers and service writers in a push for production , it ultimately results in failure, failure to keep informed .

let's face it there is a complication in how vehicles are assembled for proprietary repairs, if your trying to hurry up then accept the consequences. :sigh

That's hilarious. Sounds like incompetent mechanics that don't check their work after they do their work. They should have never released the car to you with hot air blowing, knowing you came in to have the A/C fixed.

You shouldn't get your A/C worked on at a major chain. The Chrysler dealership is worse.

Best bet is to take it to someone you know through word of mouth. Someone with a good reputation and can at least show ASE certification in A/C. A/C is a complicated system and you'd be surprised how many shops out their let non-ASE certified mechanics work on A/C.

YOUR A DIP ***

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #20357

Pam,

You don't state the age of the vehicle.

Is it posssible to take it by the Jeep Dealership?

BillR.