2.8K views

I worked for Tires Plus in Florida for over 3 years. I left the company on my own. While I was there, they lied to every customer that ever brought there car in for an alignment recheck, it was never done. If you had an alignment policy you only will have done the first time you buy the policy and that's it. I had many fights with the manager and the techs about this. This Company is the KING OF FRAUD!!!!!!!

100% of the time when a brake flush was charged for $78.99 they only evacuated and refilled the reservoir, they didn't flush the lines or bleed the calipers. Anytime a vehicle was brought in for a misfire the "lead tech" would recommend a whole new ignition system (plugs, wires, coils) I mean EVERYTHING!! This lead tech would only grab the tickets that would pay money and pick and choose his jobs. If a vehicle was brought in for a brake noise he would recommend half the braking system!!!! I was at the time and still am currently ASE certified, and have worked as a tech for many years. None of the techs at this location were even currently certified, they were glorified parts changers. I told all my friends and family even when I worked there not to bring there cars in due to their poor abilities to fix car.

The store every morning got a phone call from the district, yelling at the management about not selling enough flushes, or alignment dollars, or Inspections. Tires Plus only sells you what they need to hit their focus points, not what you actually need for your vehicle. When buying tires, they only want to sell Bridgestone or Firestone because they get a $3.00 spiff on Bridgestone and a $1.50 on Firestone. A repair shop should recommend what you need, not what will make their bonus bigger.

To Sum it up, they can't diagnose to save their life, they lie about alignments, and sell you things according to their bonus. The Company is corrupt!!!!

Do not go there!!!

Review about: Tires Plus Repair.

Comments

Minnesota, United States #942987

Sounds like most ppl here don't travel much or go to other types of corporate shops. All corporate shops have some stores that are garbage.

I know in MN and IL that most TPs and Firestones are honest, not including the franchises.

NTB are the dishonest ones up here, along with discount tire.. in summary, GO WORK AT ANOTHER CORPORATE SHOP AND COMPARE BEFORE YOU ***!!!

Don't worry dude. I worked for one of the Firestones here in the Pee Dee, had my brake cert, and still got treated worse than a dog, barely raised my pay $.50 and that was from $10.

So you aren't the only one who had "glorified part installers who weren't certified" we had those to. I gave up on them and worked liked how they treated me if you catch my drift.

Des Moines, Iowa, United States #728204

all sounds exactly like the des Moines is stores 100% true I worked there 3 years never missed one day averaged 11 hours a day 6 days a week average,,, that means 7 days a week at times and up to 13 hours a day being told to clock out for lunch a half hour even if it was before leaving and most times when told I had to work threw it because we were to busy to stop for lunch,,, told every year I couldn't take my vacations due to being to busy but I still couldn't get paid for it eather,,, always in the top 8 techs in the region every week,,, when told I needed to move to a failing store to boost it up my regional supervisor told me I needed to start giving 100% to my company????? What have I been giving???

So this failing store has more disgruntled customers due to a ignorant service manager that has no mechanical knowledge of any kind coming from a food service background but can lie like a rug to sell anything corporate calls and chews us out for being down on to clear their decks that have to be sold to make quota,,, who cares what we look at that accually needed repaired our repair orders never looked like our inspection forms we turned in by time what was needed to get corperate off managements case to clear the decks and beat sales categorys from last year,, top producer 3 years,, no raise no vacation no bonous to top it off was told I had to buy my own scanner 12 grand evap smoke machine 2600 and a/equipment because it wasn't in the stores budget but I needed it to do my job???

In the end I was fired for a unfounded customer complaint brought on by the service manager,,, this is with out a doubt the worst place to work broken dangerous equipment hoists falling don't raise all the way tell management or supervisors and they say make it work,,,odd that I was fired 2 days after it was reported to corporate that I was looking for a new job this region is famous for firing employees the day after turning in 2 week notices they call it a security risk??? The biggest risk is working for them,,

Randolph, New Jersey, United States #691793

Bro your a clown. You are either at a poorly ran store or you are just the problem.

Or maybe its just a south thing because up in Jersey where Firestones dominate they are honest and dont force unneccesary things on customers.

Also the fluid exchanges can only help the car and 90% of the time are recommended by the dealers maintenance specs.

Today I made a joke about not cleaning my Boss's Coolent Spill saying "Im not cleaning that up" With a laughter. My boss then says "NO i thought you were going to Lick it up".

20 seconds later i say "Double my Salary and Ill clean it up" Again with a laughter. Managers Responce. "how about you suck my *** and Ill give you a Wad" What kind of Manager is this. Im quiting my Job and reporting this.

No Employee shouldnt be told this period. Vary Discusted

to discusted Employee Sacramento, California, United States #707252

you suck literlly

Tucker, Georgia, United States #657723

I think you just may be at a *** locations. my shop does not have the issues your clearly does. the worst issue we have is the lack of customers who will purchase what they do need.

Reno, Nevada, United States #623073

I will not "Work For" a company that engages in or allows this activty go on , openly, however I Will stay employed long enough to observe and report, By my observation I set my own life and program my Sons and Daughters lives. Would you think for one moment our Fathers and Mothers would embrace such behaivior in any company , and given the other hand of opportunity Would Mexico allow Americans to engage in Embezzeling tactics .

Reno, Nevada, United States #623058

Crimes against the public, When A Mechanic takes a large quanity of time off and sets up his clients from the company roster, puts the money he makes off those cutomers while o extended leave for being injured , and somehow manages to work on these cars at home , enough to be able to buy the Home , has no declaration of these earnings , but has paid huge sums of money without income tax, and declares dependents that are not even living with them and acquires large tax refunds without error, and not one Government agency even inquries, just sign the United States over to Mexico and call it Good.

Reno, Nevada, United States #623055

"RIGHT IS MIGHT" When the Hispanics team up , (key here is team) the numbers not on the books are stagering. example , if the job goes wrong you will not see the paperwork ever again, unless the complaint is big.then you will only see what is relevant to complaint, there is no reason to incriminate ones self.honesty is one thing and preservation is another.

Embezzlement when pedro tells jose to take the customer aside and offer to repair the Customers car at their home at a lower rate. When they get the car at their home they continue to step up the money figure and Extort funds under false pretenses.

then they buy the car at a cheap rate and sell it or operate it , how Many Pedros and jose's are driving Escalades or Tahoes acquired this way , or Mikes and bob for that matter, draw up some numbers and see when it hits The F.B.I.'s files. couple that with The company and you have a Crime.

:zzz I'm a Tech , highly qualified, highly educated, highly paid. have you ever heard terms like "I can't afford",can't you just",THE CUSTOMER JUST WANTS"!

yep, yousee the techs are not always the ones ripping anyone off, the words "Scope of consent" always come up in a rape case,my first question in a comeback, Is there loss of life, personal injury' or property damage? List of repairs declined.

Worked there for 2 years and can tell you they are VERY DISHONEST! They don't care about the employee or the customer only about profit.

They sell stuff you don't need and some of it doesn't get done. I am an ASE certified tech with 30 plus years experience and couldn't believe what was going on there. I had left TP for another position but was laid off due to budget cuts. My old boss found out and convinced me to come back to work at TP.

Haven't started yet due to the runaround they are giving me. Reading these reveiws has reminded me of why I left.

I would rather be a bag boy then work for these freaks. Customers beware, only take your car to a reputable shop that will charge a fair price and treat you with respect.

to Scooter #589941

Worked there to and true story they are not there to help their to take advantage of you and see how much of your hard earn money they can from you. The brake flushes are never done properly, seen them sell alignments and never needed it or was never done. Seen *** tires put back in stock in stock to sell them twice their mark up is way to high.

also a big factor is location, i was employeed by TP for 3 years, good stores did not have the best employees but had the best customers,smart,wanting to know about thier car, and easy to work with(the D.Ms. leave them alone)the tuff stores the dm will change management so offten. I took over as service manager at one and the customers would just call me #5 because i was the 5th manager that was in that store in the last 2 years.

Some of what I just read is true, not all. I work in a Brevard County Florida TiresPlus and the management is certainly corrupt.

They blame corporate for their over-selling and price gouging. Brake flushes are done correctly, though often not needed. Every alignment, free rechecks included is actually performed at our shop. Many of the people doing alignments or brakes are unqualified.

They are not certified and not trained to inspect parts or to do anything more than match numbers on a screen. The managers directly defy company rules and policies and are not watch-dogged. When quotas for profit are the only motivation for a sale, customers get screwed. Maybe if someone from Bridgestone looked through our invoices they would fired the crooks ruining their company.

They pay these store managers well over 100 grand a year and their service personal $8.00 an hour. Usually that is with no lunch break and days that last beyond closing time. They company has problems on the local level but if the store is making a profit it is left alone to do as it pleases. If the corporate men cared about the future they would do a surprise audit.

Their mentality is all about the money now, not about the future of the company. We have an honest crew and crooked managers.

Customers can not believe anything they are told and should get a second opinion as well as price the work elsewhere. We charge more than the dealer and use cheap parts.

to Current employee Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #708621

Sounds like sour grapes. I have worked in 4 minnesota stores, and every one has been honest from the managers down.

If a tech recommends something, I always double check it myself. If I don't feel it is necessary, I don't recommend it. I'll tell the customer to keep an eye on the part, and be prepared to replace or repair at some point down the line. An honest manager can make a profit WITHOUT screwing either the customers OR the employees.

I have tire techs making 11-13 dollars an hour with commissions.

I have had techs REFUSE to do a job that a customer requested because it was not needed or would not fix the problem correctly. BTW, I had a surprise audit at our store recently, and they looked at EVERYTHING.......

I work for Tires Plus for over a Year, They are a dishonest company from the top down. I worked at 3 location in my time of employment and not one of those location had any ASE techs.

We were told what services we needed to sell in the am, by noon you would receive a call from your regional manager yelling about what to sell. The customers always came after profitability. it was standard practice to short your employees on pay (hours and commission). I have work for a few Corporate auto shops and one independent shop.

The BSRO family was the worst. I was "let go" on my day off for tuning in a 2 week notice, my tools and tool cart were cover in brake fluid and left out over night. Customers car problems were lied about, then management would buy the car, and sell it with no repairs for profit. The company is morally worthless.

We were told just to rack fleet cars then back them out with out the work done. But, people like to believe they are being treated right, so the company is profitable.

I worked their in Pewaukee, WI and witnessed the same type of fraud. They also screwed me on about $300 of commission for labor I performed in the first 30 day that I only took 3 days off of, that's the type of respect you can expect working your butt of.

I also was fired after taking 8 days off when my father passed away, some of the other employees told me it was because they were a new store and that they had overstaffed. All a bunch of BS.