To Whom It May Concern,

I regret to inform you that I took my vehicle for a routine oil change on May 24th, 2010 to the Tire Plus Total Car Care shop located at 2800 Tyrone Blvd N, St Petersburg, FL 33710. There were no problems with the vehicle, and it was not leaking any oil, it was simply time to get an oil change.

Unfortunately, the oil change was not performed correctly and while driving to work in the morning of May 26th, 2010 the "low oil" alarm came up in the dashboard. I stopped as soon as possible, checked under the car, and noticed a substantial amount of leaking engine oil. I was very fortunate to be a few blocks away from the location mentioned above, so I was quick to return the car to the shop and shut the engine.

As you may know, the consequences of running an engine low on oil are catastrophic. The oil lubricates and cools down the engine. Needless to say that lack of it increases friction and causes premature wear of internal metal components. Not to mention that an increased operating temperature is very harmful to the engine structural integrity and cooling system.

After re-filling the engine with oil and inspecting for external damage, the manager in charge is dismissing the incident "as a no consequence event". But I remain deeply concerned with the medium to long term effects in the reliability and performance of my automobile.

How can the engine be checked for damage caused by friction or excess heat to the rings, bearings, cylinder walls, pistons, seals, camshaft, etc?

How do I ensure the quality of engine components have not been degraded to a point that it will start making noises or burning oil in the near future?

Do I have the right for a third party inspection? Is an inspection even meaningful without tearing apart the engine?

I have a lot of questions and very little peace of mind.

More importantly, I believe Tires Plus Total Car Care should be responsible for implementing a corrective action plan to address the current negligent/inefficient process that puts customers at physical and financial risk.

Review about: Tires Plus Oil Change.

Comments

Stuff like this happens at every shop. Only time will tell whether this is a no consequence event.

Document everything, in case it isn't. Remember that there might be a statue of limitations on filing a lawsuit in cases like these.

I would let the oil back and drive it till it blows up then blame them

Allenton, Michigan, United States #147536

YOU WRITE LIKE A SMART INDIVIDUAL BUT YOU ACT LIKE A ***!!!! WHEN YOU SEE BIG PUDDLES OF OIL, YOU DONT START IT BACK UP AND DRIVE TO THE GARAGE AND BLAME EVERYONE ELSE IF YOU HAVE ENGINE DAMAGE!!!!!!

DA!!

WHO IS THE RETARD HERE??????? :roll :roll :eek :eek :upset :upset :upset :? :? :? :? :x :x