Tires plus sucks
I went to tires plus (in Jax Beach) to have four things done to my truck.I had shocks/struts replaced, oil pan leak, new calipers, and a clutch replacement.well about week later, I noticed that the gasket that was installed on my oil pan was leaking.went back and got an appointment to have it(oil leak) repaired (so I thought).Went back for scheduled appointment (for the leak) and they did not even put my vehicle on the rack/lift.The (cheeseball) mechanic(word used very loosely) told me that I needed to clean the engine off with engine cleaner and see "what happens".I am thinking to myself, "I made an appointment/scheduled so I could be told to clean my engine with engine cleaner.If the mechanic (lazy ***) put my vehicle on the rack he would have seen the oil leak.It was plain as day.So, I had to make ANOTHER appointment.Went to the second appointment and they actually put my truck on the lift, and left it there for an hour.Then told me that I would have to make another appointment, even though there were two empty bays!!!!!!!!!!!!
got in touch with tires plus corporate and scheduled a an appointment(at the ponte vedra tires plus) to get the oil leak fixed.The mechanic at the tires plus(PV) store informed that a toyota pickup truck did not require a gasket, just a bead of sealer (like silicone) around the rim.THE *** AT THE JAX BEACH STORE DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT YOU WHERE NOT SUPPOSED A GASKET!!!!!! Anyway the mechanic (PV Tires plus) repaired leak.I was happy as ***.He also found a leaking oil pump gasket (I saw it under the vehicle).Got that fixed as well.All was good.
Then, a few weeks later, I noticed that my throw out bearing (clutch) was squealing, and later on my clutch really started "acting up" ("hot spots" in flywheel).Through lots of complaining I was (miraculously) able to get e refund (for my clutch work).Eventually I had a friend (with a garage) help me install (right the first time) a clutch.Then we discoverd that the only thing replaced was clutch (disc) itself.Even though I was sold a whole clutch kit (bearing, pressure plate, disc).We also discovered that the flywheel had not been resurfaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!!! Common pratice is to replace the flywheel with a new or resurfaced flywheel.This is like doing a brake job without turning, or replacing the rotors.
After that I noticed that one of my struts had come loose/sheared the bolt.Only one way this can happen- if you leave a bolt loose!!!!!!!
Fixed this myself.Just did not wnat to deal with the BS.
Then just the other day, I noticed that my truck was pulling when I braked.So I got up under the truck and looked around and discovered that the oil pump gasket I had replaced was leaking.Well yesterday I left my car there and the replaced one of my calipers(warranty work).I also asked them to look at the oil pump gasket leak.
Low and behold, I get a call form tires plus.I was told that not only do I need rotors and pads (because my rotors where "too thin" )You always change pads when you turn or replace rotors.But the oil (oil pump gasket) that I saw (with my own two eyes) somehow started coming from the rear main seal.They tried to sell me on a new rear main gasket .Hello, when I replaced the clutch I looked at the seal.The seal was dry!!!!!!!!!
I Just looked at the paperwork that I got, and it states that my rotors are under specs, and my pads are 95% worn.This is a complete and total lie.I checked then yesterday after I got home form tires plus.Why did I check? To see if I was right (about tires plus lying to me).I was right
Before I knew was I was getting into (with tires plus) I bought a lifetime aligment.I will never be able to take full advantage of this (alignment package), simply because I do not trust tires plus to work on my vehicle.
Anybody that has had trouble with tires plus, fee free to email me directly.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Bought a EFI downdraft kit for my Ford 302 and all looked good until opening the distributor box. The top plate looked like it was welded in a beginner..."
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "Received am/fm/nav/6cd deck rolled in a packaging of one bubble wrap layer shipped in a surplus taped broken oversized thin cardboard box. Unit arrived in time with broken trim..."
- "I called them to fix a leaking a/c unit in my condo, and I so regret it now. A technician came out, added coolant, and declared the unit to be..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "I bought 2 bottles of suave hairspray and the pump on each one does not work. I ran under hot water several times and they still do not work. ..."
- "This year we decided to order Publix ready made thanksgiving dinner. We were totally disappointed and we're glad we didn't have guest, it was the worst meal we have..."
- "Phoenix AZ. Thursday November/26/2015. 12:01 a.m. I was signed in, my list ready; everything in place to be one of the first customer to place my order online. Suddenly..."