Tires plus sucks
I went to tires plus (in Jax Beach) to have four things done to my truck.I had shocks/struts replaced, oil pan leak, new calipers, and a clutch replacement.well about week later, I noticed that the gasket that was installed on my oil pan was leaking.went back and got an appointment to have it(oil leak) repaired (so I thought).Went back for scheduled appointment (for the leak) and they did not even put my vehicle on the rack/lift.The (cheeseball) mechanic(word used very loosely) told me that I needed to clean the engine off with engine cleaner and see "what happens".I am thinking to myself, "I made an appointment/scheduled so I could be told to clean my engine with engine cleaner.If the mechanic (lazy ***) put my vehicle on the rack he would have seen the oil leak.It was plain as day.So, I had to make ANOTHER appointment.Went to the second appointment and they actually put my truck on the lift, and left it there for an hour.Then told me that I would have to make another appointment, even though there were two empty bays!!!!!!!!!!!!
got in touch with tires plus corporate and scheduled a an appointment(at the ponte vedra tires plus) to get the oil leak fixed.The mechanic at the tires plus(PV) store informed that a toyota pickup truck did not require a gasket, just a bead of sealer (like silicone) around the rim.THE *** AT THE JAX BEACH STORE DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT YOU WHERE NOT SUPPOSED A GASKET!!!!!! Anyway the mechanic (PV Tires plus) repaired leak.I was happy as ***.He also found a leaking oil pump gasket (I saw it under the vehicle).Got that fixed as well.All was good.
Then, a few weeks later, I noticed that my throw out bearing (clutch) was squealing, and later on my clutch really started "acting up" ("hot spots" in flywheel).Through lots of complaining I was (miraculously) able to get e refund (for my clutch work).Eventually I had a friend (with a garage) help me install (right the first time) a clutch.Then we discoverd that the only thing replaced was clutch (disc) itself.Even though I was sold a whole clutch kit (bearing, pressure plate, disc).We also discovered that the flywheel had not been resurfaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!!! Common pratice is to replace the flywheel with a new or resurfaced flywheel.This is like doing a brake job without turning, or replacing the rotors.
After that I noticed that one of my struts had come loose/sheared the bolt.Only one way this can happen- if you leave a bolt loose!!!!!!!
Fixed this myself.Just did not wnat to deal with the BS.
Then just the other day, I noticed that my truck was pulling when I braked.So I got up under the truck and looked around and discovered that the oil pump gasket I had replaced was leaking.Well yesterday I left my car there and the replaced one of my calipers(warranty work).I also asked them to look at the oil pump gasket leak.
Low and behold, I get a call form tires plus.I was told that not only do I need rotors and pads (because my rotors where "too thin" )You always change pads when you turn or replace rotors.But the oil (oil pump gasket) that I saw (with my own two eyes) somehow started coming from the rear main seal.They tried to sell me on a new rear main gasket .Hello, when I replaced the clutch I looked at the seal.The seal was dry!!!!!!!!!
I Just looked at the paperwork that I got, and it states that my rotors are under specs, and my pads are 95% worn.This is a complete and total lie.I checked then yesterday after I got home form tires plus.Why did I check? To see if I was right (about tires plus lying to me).I was right
Before I knew was I was getting into (with tires plus) I bought a lifetime aligment.I will never be able to take full advantage of this (alignment package), simply because I do not trust tires plus to work on my vehicle.
Anybody that has had trouble with tires plus, fee free to email me directly.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Received am/fm/nav/6cd deck rolled in a packaging of one bubble wrap layer shipped in a surplus taped broken oversized thin cardboard box. Unit arrived in time with broken trim..."
- "Im a dealer for monster transmission, had a trans built buy monster trans, for my 97 chevy k 1500, i told them i pull a trailer, nd plow my parking..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Do not expect a summer vacation on Viking. Don't be misled by the commercials. Read the fine print - Viking is well aware of river levels but do not..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "I have owned 3 Cross Roads Cruiser 5ers. They all have had small issues, but this 2014 35 ss has had to many, and the final straw was a tiny..."
- "The WORST florist. Left pic is what I ordered, right pic is what got delivered!! I called my complaint, I even emailed them the pics; they said "upon close inspection,..."
- "I ordered over $300 in purchases: dresses, shoes, handbags and a watch. Items arrive at different times in different amounts and from different places in China. I received..."